Sunday 31 August 2008

What was that?! 26-8-08

I picked up my keys and heard something, put the keys down and tried to find the noise.... gave up as it was completely silent... ummm.. then picked the keys up, realised it was the keys!! YAY!

My dog pestered me to play with his squeaky toys all day, I took it off him as it was driving me nuts. Poor Boris I had to hide his squeaky toys. He was wondering why as pre implant he used to play with them all day long.... Sorry, Boris I'll find you something else quieter!

So Keys jangling and squeaky toys to add on the list.

And oh the blinking indicator of my car.

5 comments:

Jennifer Bruno Conde said...

Hi Charlotte,

Ah yes, keys. The audiologist at Amanda's last mapping jingled her keys and Amanda heard them. We knew we'd turned a corner.

I'll now start at the beginning of your CI story, and work my way back up.

Jennifer :-)

Www.lozsmedicsljourney.blogspot.co.uk said...

HAHA i know what you mean! I'm like that thinking ive heard something then i dont know where it's coming from! I do eventually find it and document it in my mind that i know what that sound is now! After 14 years with a cochlear implant i'm still going "whats that noise"

Charlotte said...

Hi Laura, Nice to "meet" you, Yeah, my friend Caroline had hers for 11 years and still learning sounds! She was hearing for the first 5 years of her life, Had CI at 19 after 14 years of being totally deaf by menigitis. She still got the 3G I think and is worried about upgrading to Freedom.
I have read your blog and put your link on my Blog. Cheerio.

Www.lozsmedicsljourney.blogspot.co.uk said...

yeah its very interesting! I love my CI. :) Its always great to meet other CI users!
I had the same dilemma with new Freedom! i have the 3G Esprit and asked about the new Freedom too but i decided to stick with the 3G one. I have a post about it and my reasons if your friend would like to read it. After all its up to us what we wnat to do! x

Katie-Louise's blog said...

Aw, Poor boris - HOW CRUEL ARE YOU :-P hehe

here, boris. I'll send you a new sqeaky toy! lol