Sunday 31 August 2008

Final Appointment

It had been a while since my last appointment, Today is 17th March and it's expectations meeting, when I arrived at SOECIC, I was given a questionnaire!! I don't do questions! I was staring at it looking puzzled! one of question was "would you expect to hear same again?" what...I was born deaf and haven't heard much! one of the ladies came in and said, that wasn't supposed to be for me it was for post ligual people!, I was relieved! I had "verbal" questionnarie with Nikki. Thank god, It was very relaxed meeting. In few mins she gave me a form, I looked at it... it was a form for chosen implant.... but I haven't been accepted yet, she said... according to my "successful" assessments I may need to make choice of which implant I want.... I was getting so excited and had butterflies in my tummy!! She didn't say that I am candidate, I have to wait for the Decision day (god knows when will that be, it could be a while as my CT scan hasn't arrived yet).

I chose Freedom, because of it reliblity, 4 programs,Gore-tex microphone covering which I would beable to use it while sailing and working outside, battery life and the comfort of wearing it. I also chose Chocolate brown.

1 comment:

Jennifer Bruno Conde said...

How exciting and scary at the same time to pick a CI and not know for sure if you were a candidate!

Jennifer