Sunday 31 August 2008

20th Feb 2008

Yesterday I had the menigtits jab, it wasn't too bad as I am not fan of needles but boy the pain afterwards, I had big lump aswell. I was pretty sore for few days. Lucky it was in the left arm as I am right hander.

Today we had users group. My hearing friend, Laura, came with me. I took her as I thought she would be interested in hearing other people's views with CI. Although the talk was very good, I was little disappointed that the implantees were Post-Ligual deaf or late deafen, to me they already knows what the sounds were before they went deaf and adapted to CI quite quickly whereas in my and 2 other's case is completely different as we were born deaf. We do need an input from an implantee who was born deaf.
In the afternoon we get to look at 3 different devices, Cochlear, Advanced Bionics, and Med-EL. we learnt about them and tried them on to see how it feels. I didn't like the Med-el. I had choices between Cochlear and Advanced bionics. Laura had very pleasant day and really enjoyed it, she tried the processors on as well so it was fun too. She had been wonderful support. If you are reading this, you are a star.

1 comment:

Jennifer Bruno Conde said...

I'd heard that the "meningitis jab" as you so eloquently put it really hurt and left the arm sore afterwards. Amanda barely felt it in her little arm and didn't complain at all afterward.

We too wanted to be able to talk with with someone who was prelingually deaf and had received a CI!

Jennifer