Sunday 31 August 2008

Switch on day,

To be honest I was really nervous and was glad that my brother Stephen could spare his time off work (he works in london) and spent few days with me. My nana came along aswell. They have been wonderful.

The switch on was at SOECIC with my usual Audiologist Sarah. She started very low, slowly increasing the volumes as I wasn't hearing anything but started to feel faint which is signs of stimulation. She stopped and went back few steps... tried from high, I listened very carefully a faint beep beep came... But I was still having faint feelings, she tried, I tried so hard aswell. She setted the processor at low and with 3 programs which I can turn up until I am comfortable and not feeling faint/dizzy. I couldn't hear the drum or anything at all, just high pitch whine. It was very tiring day so we left as it is. I also had rehab after the switch on.

About 10 of my electrodes were turned on today. I was bit worried that I was doing it wrong as I can't hear a thing but a whine. But managed to wear the processor and HA for the rest of the day.

No comments: