Sunday 31 August 2008

2nd map 22-8-08

Today was my 2nd map, Stephen came with me again.

I told Sarah that I wasn't happy and got upset with the sounds as it sounded like a constant whine, she changed the programs completely and tried different program, I have no idea what my previous program was but this time it was SPEAK. Ah.... so much better!, My faint feeling went with the old program. I was feeling alot happier. I could hear the cymbals! and people talking. It doesn't sound normal, just in high pitch squeaks but is clearer than before, I could tell when they stopped talking. Again Sarah setted this in 3 different levels so I can increase in comfort.

I had Rehab again, this time we had sylablles pratice. I got most of it right, Horray! I never heard words let alone sylablles before. I could tell the difference between one sylablles to multiple sylablles.

Yesterday I couldn't contain my excitement, I went out and bought ice blue Ipod even I won't be able to use it for while yet! I can play games on it though if anything fails.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hiya Charlotte!
As you already know, I`ve followed your progress since before you had been implanted with a CI. It`s great to see how you have progressed and you`ve so much more to learn! After a while (five years in my case)you`ll even take some sounds for granted especially when you reply to someone who`s not talking to you face to face!
Never forget who you are and where you`ve come from. Only you can know.

ATB

Paulx.