Sunday 31 August 2008

The beinging of my journey to cochlear implant candidacy

I had spent few years thinking about getting CI due to my lack of hearing with HA. I went to a hospital for years, presuading them for years to let me have one but they said that there is absolute no way that I would be candidate for Cochlear Implant as I was deaf too long and had no auditory memory. Well they were wrong as when I moved to new area, I was refered to new ENT and Audiology. I went to see the Audiologist as I needed new hearing aids. At this point I thought I wouldn't bother asking them about CI as I would get same reply as the other hospital. The Audiology wasn't happy with me and new aids, so he refered me to see ENT.

On the 10th of September I had an Appointment with ENT, the first question after "hello" (obviously), he said have you thought about Cochlear Implant? As you can guess I had to check my mum if I lipread him correctly. The journey had began...

1 comment:

Jennifer Bruno Conde said...

What is wrong with these "Gods" who make these decisions about people like you and Amanda without thinking how your lives would change with even just a little sound awareness. A chance needs to be given!

I'm glad you both found someone who would give you guys that opportunity!

Jennifer