Sunday 31 August 2008

Little about me.

I thought I would set this up so you can read my progress with my Journey with Cochlear Implant. I was born Profoundly Deaf, with recent CT scan (for CI) it revealed that I have no hairs on my Basilar Membrane. I was brought up oral with little sign, mainstreamed primary school then on to Oral Deaf Secondary School. I spent 4 years at mainstream college with a note taker. I had spent a lot of my time with hearing friends and works in hearing environment. I also have deaf friends and most of them were from same school as i went.

Why "Silent Sail" as my title... Sailing is my love! I love being on the water, it's also my livelhood. The problem is.... I couldn't hear the ocean, wind, slapping of the water against the boat. It was one of the sounds dreamed of hearing....

2 comments:

Jennifer Bruno Conde said...

Got it, Charlotte....your love of the ocean. Livelihood...not sure about that yet. But I'll get there.

Jennifer :-)

Charlotte said...

I work on the Yachts. ;-)