Sunday 31 August 2008

Good night to Widex senso 2000 - 2008

18th March, seems like my Widex had finally given up it's life. I used my otcion... damn, it malfunctioned! I am nowhere near my Hospital and they only do HA checks Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays, Tomorrow is Wednesday, I couldn't go as I was fully booked at work, Friday is Good Friday so they won't be open, the following Monday is bank holiday Monday so again they won't be open! I have my cousin's wedding this weekend..... not good. I remembered vaguely that I still have Phonak analgoue HA somewhere, but would it be working as I haven't worn it since i got Widex. Looked and looked everywhere.... Boxes to boxes, then I found "childhood" box... it was in there not only one but TWO... Since I only wear one in my good ear (right) the more the better. Tried them, one of it is flat out dead, so tried the other one it's working, least I have some sounds for the weekend. I have sent email to SOECIC informing them that I would need replacement HA, I would have gone to hospital but the open clinic hours is very short and there is so many deaf old people, I didn't have time to wait 3 hours before being seen then they say sorry and come back next time only to have same problem repeated, I work full time, I have to take alot of unpaid time off to attend this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just want to tell you how truly creepy this BLOG is to me. My widex senso "diva" went capooty 5 days ago, and I am currently using my oticon sumo - which hardly is as accurate as my widex. Thank god, I don't have to use my Phonaks because let me tell you how HUGE and ugly those things are. But I do have 2 and only use one for my good ear - which happens to be my right too! Now, I know you probably don't read comments anymore on this blog - but if you happen to see my comment, which I hope you do because it seems like we are "spittin images of each other". Let me know how you're doing....I'm going to get a new oticon "go pro" soon! Best of luck....and happy hearing!