Sunday 7 September 2008

I miss my Mum and Dad



After reading Katie-Louise's post about her talking to her Grandad on the phone had brought me to happy tears! And I realised that I miss my parents, we are very close family, I haven't seen my Dad since April and my Mum since my operation in July. They live in Austria and had been since Feb. When they were living in UK, they had been brilliant supportive with phone calls, sorting the important things out for me. I have been doing those since they left and it was pretty hard but eventually I started to pull through and managed myself but I hate using the phone, I use Type talk but most of the time it's just horrible to use. I do have lovely family (aunts, uncles, cousins, Grannies and Grandad) all round me. But my mum and dad are so special to me.
My parents haven't yet seen me with my CI. It would be so wonderful to share the experience with them.
I am SOOOO looking forward to flying out to Austria with my brother, Stephen, at end of October.

And one day I WILL pick up the phone to say I love them.

2 comments:

Www.lozsmedicsljourney.blogspot.co.uk said...

aw Im sure your family are going to be so proud of you when they see you! with your CI as well!
Be sure to have loadsa fun in Austria!

Katie-Louise's blog said...

ooo, it ain't long till you'll be flying over to austria, eh!

I'm bet your parent will be please to see you looking well and of course looking forward to see you with your implant.

Who know's, one day you'll be able to phone your parents up.

it does take a bit of time to get used to the implant but eventually you'll be able you be able to do something you never be able to do before :-D

keep practicing and keep up with the good work.