Friday 5 September 2008

Dartmouth....

I had been to the Centre again on the 3rd of September for another tune up. I have now got 4 programs, 2 is ARDO (i think) and is setted at 2000 p/m (pulses per min) and the other 2 is at 4000 and 7200. I was on the P1 when i left the centre... I was given list to listen for and recongise... umm that's gonna be hard as single lady who lives on her own, detecting sounds and identifying them seems to be impossible as they sound same! But time will tell. I also had hearing test with CI and HA, They both were 70db across the audiogram... whay hey! the highs had made exist on the audiogram! The lows were with HA and the highs were with CI. I was delighted with how things went today.
Just before my tune up I had agreed to my boss to deliver 2 boats back to Hamble for friday, thinking I would need to leave Hamble for Dartmouth on thursday morning... nope we left Wednesday evening after a very quick pasta and sauce, dropping my dog off at neighbours. There were 4 of us in a hire car, the drive took nearly 3 hours, we arrived in Dartmouth at 11.30, I was already exhausted from the tune up. We were talking about when to leave... and agreed on leaving at 5 am to catch the tide out. I went to sleep at midnight, and woken up with lights, grr (I HATE THAT!) at 4.30, donned on my warm clothes, and wet weather gear on. I didn't put my processor on as it was forecasted wet! It was Pitch black when we left, a sign that winter is on it's way boo hoo. My skipper and I made our way, pulled full main up and headed out to the open sea... PERFECT the wind were right on our back which the trip was short and we were home for tea!. With the wind and full main out we crusied quite fast, flowing over the surfs clocking up high speeds, I beat my skipper! he he. We arrived at Hamble 12 hours later, VERY VERY tired but glad to be back home.
When I got home, had shower, and went out for supper with Laura. I wore my processor at this time.... something not quite right. I couldn't turn it down as it still sound same and very very high pitched... I couldn't hear the tell sounds...
I thought... oh bugger! No chance of calling the centre tonight to arrange the appt for today (fri).

No comments: