Friday 16 January 2009

Good grief, i just realised...

That.....Yesterday it was A year since i was refered to the Cochlear implant centre for my first intital appointment. And accepted to be put on waiting list for tests , I was expecting about 18 month wait, but I started my assessments few weeks after the appointment. Yes, it was bit of mind boogling time!
It's also had been 6 months to the day since i had the operation and next month i am having my 6 month post activation review.
It seems like yesterday when i was a nervous wreck on my first appt. The operation is still fresh in my mind so was the activication day!

I don't regret it one bit! I tried HA alone, couldn't do it... I put my CI on first thing and last thing of the day, When it sounds awful I just turn it down a bit, then consulted the Audi and it's sorted quite quickly.

Words without lipreading still doesn't make sense to me but my environmental awareness is so much better, My lipreading with voice is also so much better. I understand foregin people much better too as it helps when my parents lives in village of germans, belgians, austrians, and few other Europeans.
The other day I was at hunt, it was a new hunt I have just joined, I made few new friends. I had converstation with a young lady, yakking away, I realised she got an accent and difficult lip pattern but managed to hold converstation without hitch, it wasn't easy when you are talking and riding lively horse at the same time! I asked her if she was a Scot... I was right! yay! It was also first time I wore my riding hat for at least 3 hours without feeling discomfort from the coil.

No comments: