Wednesday 31 December 2008

My Christmas and it's sounds....

After distressing time finding a ferry within 2 days of travel after the original ferry went bankrupt, my parents were relieved to be in UK. Over Christmas I had my parents visiting for a week well it feels much shorter than that as it seems to go by so quick. They were staying with friends. Between visiting friends/relatives, My parents had been to my house doing odd jobs around the house. I told them, the bedroom door squeaks, they both looked quite surprised. I had the house for 2 years and the door had been squeaking the whole time. Since I had the implant, it bothers me... so I asked for advice as I never oiled a door before! Petroleum jelly was their advice... now I have quiet house! They also filled the car up with their stuff thay they left behind in Feb as there was no room on the removal lorry! And few english essentials like proper tea bags, marmite, mustard etc. Sadly, They only stayed for a week as they was worried about their home in Austria! They are worried about their roof caving in, as they have so much snow! The first pic is the terrace, about 3 ft snow. Another picture shows my Dad shovelling the snow!!









Since the Christmas festive began, I now can hear the gate outside slamming, it's about 20 yards from my front door. We had few bad carol singers, Yes, I noticed that too. I use my old excuse, "pardon me, I didn't hear that as i am deaf" smiling sweetly and wished them Merry Christmas.

On Xmas day, My brother Stephen and I went to our parents friend's house where we meet our Grandmother. We had wonderful brilliant dinner! It was huge and so nice!, we were so full and couldn't move much! I heard the crackers, champange fizzing.
First picture was the layout for Xmas dinner, there were 9 of us plus 2 dogs. 2nd picture is our grandmother, she's wonderful. 3rd were Stephen and I deep in conversation after opening our presents. Notice Stephen's purple cast, he broke his wrist ice skating!


We didn't open our presents until we had our dinner! My parents and Stephen loved the presents I gave them, my Dad got shirt and pullover, my mum got top and a cardigan, they badly need some clothes as they lost weight working on their house/garden in Austria. Stephen got ipod snuffle. My dog Boris got a honking soft toy Duck which the honk lasted 20-30 mins and he disemboweled it 2 days later! He also got squeaky ring which lasted about few seconds. I got pretty much what I wanted for Xmas, My parents and Stephen being here which would have been enough for me, I also got Ski helmet, monies (I have bought first item, curtains for my bedroom), home made jams/chutneys, chocolates, socks, photo in a frame of my 2 best friends Rosie and Ric.

Overall it was very good Xmas. I hope you all had good one too.

No comments: