Monday 8 December 2008

CI Moment...

On friday I had the house cleaned top to bottom as my cousin Catherine and her husband Reino was staying for the weekend. Catherine's father who's my Dad youngest brother came "home" from South Africa on a business trip. I haven't seen Uncle Simon for 7 years and Catherine haven't seen him for about 3 years, Reino hasn't yet met his Father in law! He was nervous! Simon only had few days and he was staying at my grandparents not too far from me. So it makes sense that Catherine and Reino to stay with me.
On sat we had almost half the family gathering (Grandparents, my father's 2 brothers, and 2 sisters and their halfs, Catherine, reino and i) for a lunch and tea. it was great afternoon as I could communicate much easier this time round. I also texted to my mum to let her know that we are having Gathering (Mum and dad lives in Austria). The house phone rang, It was my father.

Right..... I had my first phone conversation with my father using my CI! this is long distance phone call and the line was bad as their house is up in the cloud (they live surrounding the mountians) I got.....

Me :- Hello dad,
Dad :- Hello Charlotte
Me:- How are you?
Dad:- I am fine thank you. How are you?
Me:- I am very well thank you

Then it started to go garbled i think it's when i got nervous or somewhat excited!... I gave the phone back to Simon.

I am so pleased that i spoke to dad, i was quite disappointed with his incommunication while i was staying with him back in october cos he was so scared of hurting me, I hope this brief conversation had given him some confidence, looks like this is way forward for both of us as I am daddy's girl and i miss talking to him. He and mum is coming home in few weeks for christmas and i am looking forward to see them so much.

How's tat for my ci moment!! I never really heard on the phone due to rubbish at picking up words. This time it was quite clear!

Cat, Reino and i had great weekend it was so sad to see Cat/Reino heading back to london. Thanks Cat for those fattening chocolates and hope you won't catch my cold which happened on sunday morning.

Love you both, Cat and Reino. And you too Mum and dad.

1 comment:

Jennifer Bruno Conde said...

Wow! That is FANTASTIC, Charlotte! You got to talk with your dad on the phone. I know how leery you've been to do it.

Things just have to get better from here on out!

You made my day!

Jennifer ♡