Friday 17 October 2008

Austria, here I come!

In less than 24 hours I would be at the airport checking in with my brother Steve for our trip to our parents house in Austria, We cannot wait! It had been a long time since we last saw them, Mum 3 months and Dad 6 months. Mum came over for my Cochlear implant operation back in July. Neither had met me with the Cochlear Implant activcated. It would be an experience to see what they had to say! It's also a holiday for Steve and I to unwind as we had really busy year and haven't had a proper break for long time also to have dad's brilliant cooking (I am looking forward to that the most, LOL!)Steve and I are in need of good food, sleep and relaxation. I have German and English card just in case and in hope I won't need them.

Few days ago I was experiencing echoy sounds and maxed out 3 of my programs, the centre suggested I go in unscheduled which I went last tuesday, she upped and altered the programs and put 2 of programs with ADRO and AUTOSENSIVITY so I can use it in back ground noises and with my Ipod. The sounds I am hearing now is much clearer not too high, the lows is coming through now. I had started to beable to watch tv with sounds on and heard the dog barking outside which got my attention to let him in this never happened when I had the HA! I realise I am learning to block the background sounds and draw what I need to hear!

Anyway, have a good week.

1 comment:

Cyborg Queen said...

hope everything went well with your visit! Hopefully you'll read this, but you should show your mom a trick by putting a magnet on your head. (not REALLY strong), it doesn't interfere with the CI.

How was the plane (aeroplane) ride?