Sunday 5 October 2008

Amazing weekend!


Yesterday, I was excited as a kid at Christmas when I received a parcel. Inside was a Ear Hooks for my Ipod. Ear hooks are used like an behind the ear and it beds alongside with the Processor (CI)so I can use it with the processor setted on T-Coil. I did have the Personal Audio Cable that came with the Processor but I was having difficulty listening to the music and trying to block the background noise so Katie-louise recommended the ear hooks which I ordered few days ago. It came just at perfect time as I was about to leave for family gathering over in Isle of Wight.
I was on the Red Jet (Fast Ferry) going over the sea to Isle of Wight when I tried the Ear Hooks and the Ipod, it had made an amazing difference! I can now begin to enjoy the new world of musical sounds... I engrossed in reading my book and listening to music over the loud engine of the Red Jet, I relaxed completely for my journey over to IOW. I was elated! Now I need to print off the lyrics so I could follow the songs.
I was on Isle of Wight spending half of the weekend with my Cousins,Aunts and an uncle, poor him, he was only male in the house along with 7 grown women!! It was great weekend though.
Catherine, my 21 year old cousin, She was born and raised in South Africa (our dad's are brothers) Her accent is quite strong, I understood her no problems, she's so easy to lipread. Catherine had only been in London for 2 years, prior to her move to UK I only met her once when she was a baby. I met her only handful of times in the last 18 months so each visit I never found any problems getting accustomed with her accent and understanding her as I do with other people/families (some).
We was out for a wonderful food and wine! On our way home in the car, it was pitch black, there's no way I would be able to lipread at all.. and I was having a converstation with Catherine with out realising it... Hell, I am talking to Catherine in the dark, this is the first!!! I cannot believe it, I already had idea what she was talking about which made the converstation easy. When we got back to the house... Vicky our cousin said to me "you were having converstation with Catherine in the dark!!, How great is that!" she was so pleased for me aswell as other members of the family.

4 comments:

Katie-Louise's blog said...

wooohoo, a convosation in the dark - how good is that, eh! I have not tried that yet, so - I better try that out sometimes!

Glad the weekend went so well, and of course your ipod connector - what were you listening to anyway?

keep it up :D

katie-louise

Vivie said...

woohooo Charlotte!!terrific news!!

After reading your post about the ear hook , I dug up mine..had one since HA days.I tried it..and yesssss music sounded so terrific!! with my PAC I loathed music..

I'm so glad that you're going well!!

Abbie said...

Now that is a great cable! AB has a direct connect cord that does the same thing.

I just realized your coil is so short :)

Anonymous said...

If you're using the personal audio cable, try turning the sensitivity all the way down and see if that eliminates the background noise. It does for me (and for me, the PAC works so much better than the neckloop.)